Author Topic: Captain High at your service... (The United Servo Academy Men's Chorus body)  (Read 2082 times)

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
We all remember this classic from Starfighters...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pDem1UIBHA[/youtube]

Pretty straight forward... just needs a paint job (Big thanks to Gerrit Rogers!)

Here's the fully painted one that Tom Noel purchased when BBI was doing their eBay auctions.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
From Jef Maynard:

"Ron, I made one body prototype, and it was two parts, front and back sides, each cast in a silicone mold, then the mechanism for head turning gear was built in, after which the halves were glued together and hand painted. Under the choir stand were two extra long puppet rods, one on each side. All the heads on each side were aligned on one PVC stick with a series of swivels so Patrick controlled one group and I controlled the other. All the puppet strings to run the mouths came through the PVC on each side so one person could control the movements of heads with one hand and the mouths with the other hand. We had to rehearse movement and lip syncing a few times with the real Servo controlled by Kevin. One of my favorite bits of all of them. I liked it so much my daughter and I both bought the Servo Men's Choir T shirts."

About the hats:

"We bought a batch of hats from Norcostco or someplace like that. Can't remember for sure.  We put in some long hours on this piece, and making the hats would have been way too much. I think I still have one around the house here someplace.  My oldest daughter used it as part of her everyday "police" get up. "

« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 11:54:21 AM by Ron »

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Tom Noel now has a great gallery of pictures of the Chorus body over at the MST3K Temple!

http://www.mst3ktemple.com/usacbody.html

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
UPDATE:

Found one of the hat medallions at Hobby Lobby today.... maybe a bit small, but definitely the right design.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:10:02 PM by Ron »

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
COOL!

Sooooooooo Where can I buy a body?
"Watch out for snakes!"

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Gerrit Rogers (the guy that took over for Joe Crow) used to make them....  you might try shooting him an email.   If he doesn't, you might ask Bob.