Author Topic: How do you display your bots?  (Read 2248 times)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
How do you display your bots?
« on: December 19, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
Hi everyone-
  I am new to the forums and have just completed my Tom Servo.  My question is how do you all display your bots.  I am pretty handy in the realm of manufacturing having built many prop replicas over the years and I have been trying to decide how best to display the bots.  My dream display includes clear acrylic display stands so it appears that Servo is hovering and the Crow is standing on his own (my Crow will have legs when I finish him).  Anyone know where to buy the proper acrylic circles or rectangles?  I figure Lowes or Home Depot for the bases and have found a few retailers online for the clear acrylic pipe I'd like to display them with.  As I want to just connect the stands to there respective control rods.  Any thoughts ideas and display pics are welcomed and encouraged. 
Mark-Myers' Farms Online!
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: How do you display your bots?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2011, 03:26:27 PM »
It's been my experience is that the best way / place to display your bot is where they face constant risk of being fondled by careless relatives, bumped into by, reckless children, and coated with at least a full inch of dust.

Joel would have wanted it that way.

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
Re: How do you display your bots?
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:32 AM »
Yeah, I can see that.  My two year old keep trying to "feed" Tom because his mouth opens.  I was playing with him, with her on Saturday and she kept petting him telling him he was a good boy.  I plan eventually to make stands with clear acrylic pipe to create the appearance that Crow is standing and that Tom is hovering.  I priced the piping yesterday and it's pretty reasonable for the effect I'm going after. I think it has the potential to look really cool.  The bots aren't just big toys, in my house they'e family.  ;D
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!