Author Topic: Where do I attach the spring hinge for Gypsy's jaw?  (Read 4042 times)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
Where do I attach the spring hinge for Gypsy's jaw?
« on: February 16, 2012, 07:40:07 AM »
Just like it says, Where do I attach the spring for Gypsy's jaw?  Specifically, where in the upper and lower jaw?  I know that Gypsy hasn't been made by a ton of people, but I implore those who have to please give me some direction.  Thank you.

I've read a couple different sets of assembly instructions including the official Bot Builders guide and can not find an answer.  Please help!  Here is a pic on my nearly completed Gypsy (her body is to the right out of frame, but it's there, lol.)  I'm nearly done with her and I can't wait to get her out of my basement and upstairs where she belongs so that she can control the higher functions of my house.  ;D
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
Re: Where do I attach the spring hinge for Gypsy's jaw?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 02:39:46 AM »
Thanks, Ron. I knew I'd seen it done somewhere, lol. I just started a new job, (same company, I got a promotion)and I've been a little scatter-brained this week, lol.  ::)
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 01:05:23 PM »
Congrats on the job/promotion!

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 02:43:00 PM »
Hey, Thanks!  It's a great gig, I am now the "Service Programs Coordinator" for our facility.  I don't know what it is that I'm supposed to do exactly, except continue what I've been doing the past year, but my income doubled over-night, I got an official title, and I have to drive seven hours to Wisconsin on Monday for three days of training, thenm drive back on Friday.  Thankfully, I just down loaded the high-res DVD collection of MST3K so I can watch them in my hotel room, and if I'm lucky I can get a cheesehead hat.  ;D

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2012, 07:44:19 PM »
Day two of my trip to Manitowoc, WI...
No cheese head hats, yet.

On the plus side two days ago I did get Gypsy's head done, it's ready to be attached to her body just as soon as I get back home.  On a related note I want to ask everyone here, how tall is too tall for Gypsy?  Right now I have a 4' section of pipe from her base, a 45 degree angle coupling, a 2' section of pipe, a second 45 degree angle coupling, a 1' section of pipe, another 45 degree angle coupling, and finally a second 2' section of pipe with where the flange/coupler combo which is already attached to the head will conect.  If I did the math right that makes Gyps about 7' tall before I attach the head.  I think maybe I should cut her down about a foot from the second 2' section since she is already so tall.  I had to go against formula due to the fact that the area she will be displayed in is not wide enough to accomadate the 3'x4'x2'x2' standard so mine is 4'x2'x1'x2'  Does that make sense?

Oh, Ron, did Randy get that Control Knob you sent him to cast up? If not let me know as I will happily do it.  That is the last piece I need for ole' Gypsy.  Thanks again for everything!