Author Topic: I have some hard to find parts - what are they worth?  (Read 3813 times)

cybergregg

• View Profile
I have some hard to find parts - what are they worth?
« on: February 23, 2012, 10:13:20 AM »
Let me start by saying that my son is in immediate dire need and I am trying to help him in any way I can. I have found myself in a "hanging on by my fingernails" situation this last year so my resources are limited. One of the last resources I have is my parts collection, which is not large by any measure. I have pulled the best of the lot and am considering putting them up on eBay for a short term auction, but I have been away from trading and selling for years and I don't know the value anymore, so I'm asking you all for your best guesses as to what my stuff is worth. The items I am considering selling are as follows: A Century Infant Loveseat, Eveready Floating Flashlight, Vacuform "Bow" for the back of Gypsy's head, Cooper XL7-FG faceguard, Grabber Claw toy (if you want to make Crow's legs), original Schwarz Bros soapdish, Carousel Candy Dispenser in original unopened package, exact sized Boo Bowl substitute.  I'd like to sell them as a single lot.
Thanks, Gregg

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: I have some hard to find parts - what are they worth?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2012, 02:43:06 PM »
The car seat should go anywhere from $100 to $200... $150 seems like the right price in my mind.

Lantern = $15-$10 (if the "hood" is missing) $15-$20 (with hood)

"Bow" - $5

Cooper - $30-$50 (non-tab) $50-65 (tab)...  there are nice quality reproductions now, which has hurt Cooper pricing.

Grabber Claw - $5 every day at Cracker Barrel

Soap Dish - $5...  more if it's the correct one for KTMA Crow... then maybe $20-$25

Dispenser - $10-$15 (since it's red)

Bowl - $5 - $10

Actual prices may vary, see dealer for details.

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 02:16:33 AM »
I need a Bow part, so if you're willing to part with that outside of the lot, I would really appreciate it.  I would definitely sell the Cooper on ebay, as they usually go for a lot.  The seat is uber rare but it's your choice to sell it on ebay or sell it to someone on here.

I'm really sorry to hear about your son and I hope he gets well very soon.

cybergregg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:59:35 PM »
My wife has actually forbidden me to sell my parts. My son's problem isn't health, but a bit of trouble he made for himself, he's working it out on his own. Wifey says I've been collecting those parts for 15 years and I shouldn't be selling for this particular reason. She got really upset when I pulled out my autographed Bot Builder's Booklet and Modellers Resource issue. I didn't notice until later that she filched the E pin, soapdish, and MLB and hid them before I took the photos.
The bow is pretty easy to make from scratch, if anybody has any interest, I'll put up how I made a small vacuform rig for less than $30, I've done soap dishes, bows, servo shoulders, and trains with it.
THX to all
~G

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »
Please post your vacuformer information!

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 01:17:55 PM »
Hiya Greg!  Welcome to the Forums!  I have a question for you, do you have a Gypsy Control knob for sale?  Failing that, could I borrow yours to make a casting of?  I would happily pay for shipping all around.  I am 95% complete on my Gypsy and I can't find a control knob.  :-[ Thanks in advance!

Mark-Myers' Farms!
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
To muddy the waters on your Gypsy finalization... there are two different knobs (depending on the era).

The CC era knob is the traditional "outside faucet knob" with balls filling in the divots, and the Scifi era knob is the top off of a little decanter jar.

http://www.botbuilders.info/index.php?topic=132.0
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 05:04:40 PM by Ron »

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 09:41:55 AM »
Thanks Ron!  >:(

I keed, I keed.  Seriously though, I'll probably get both and use magnets to change between them depending on my mood that day.  :o
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!