Author Topic: Crow Mouth Problem  (Read 3099 times)

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
Crow Mouth Problem
« on: August 15, 2013, 01:10:57 PM »
I was biulding crow and i can't figure out how to make it move without using glue like my last build. i need a video tutorial for that.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Crow Mouth Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 11:36:32 AM »
"how to make it move without using glue"

Using glue seems like that would make it not move. ;)

What part did you glue, exactly?

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 12:44:09 PM »
"how to make it move without using glue"

Using glue seems like that would make it not move. ;)

What part did you glue, exactly?
well actually when i made my first build, i used only use a piece of notebook paper and hot glue and it teared right off because i used rubber bands instead of elastic string.right now, i'm gonna remake the whole puppet.do u know how to make a jaw hinge to make the movement.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:05 AM »
Here's what I've done in the past... everyone has their own "best" way of doing it.

If you look inside there, you'll see a piece of leather cut to serve as the hinge.  A medium weight piece of leather should last for about a billion openings and closings... your milage may vary.

"So how do you hold the leather in place?" you might ask.  I use some little flat plastic screws to hold the whole thing in place.

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 06:33:20 PM »
Here's what I've done in the past... everyone has their own "best" way of doing it.

If you look inside there, you'll see a piece of leather cut to serve as the hinge.  A medium weight piece of leather should last for about a billion openings and closings... your milage may vary.

"So how do you hold the leather in place?" you might ask.  I use some little flat plastic screws to hold the whole thing in place.

thanks that's really helpful. I'm going to be 17 this month and be possible to make the puppet in the future.

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2013, 08:55:37 AM »
i have another question, how about the eyes? the wooden dowl won't work for me so i was gonna use a pvc very thin pipe and how to make the movement without messing with the mouth string.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2013, 08:15:57 PM »
Just make sure there's enough clearance in the pipes, use a "string" with as little drag as possible (I used some silk thread from the hobby store), and you should be fine.