Author Topic: Bot Part Rarity Guide  (Read 3915 times)

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
Bot Part Rarity Guide
« on: September 15, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
1 being the easiest to find and 10 being impossible.  This is for original parts and not castings.

CROW

4 - Cooper XL7

Once hard to find, they're fairly easy to find on eBay, however price scalping and broken tabs are common.

6 - Soapdish

Difficult, but will eventually pop up on ebay.

7 - "e" Pin (Pale Color variant)

So many variants, so many pins, difficult to find anywhere, even on the Bay of E.  Crown pins are easier to find but are now becoming more scarce.

1 - Tuppercraft Floralier

Very easy to find on eBay, shipping prices do hurt a bit though sometimes.

10 - Wallace Lamp

Unbelieveably rare, one two or three bot builders I know have one.  Made by Wallace Leisure Products out of Philadelphia, I've only seen two products made by them on eBay after all my years of searching: a chair and a knock off Luxo lamp.

9 - Italian Fanny Pinchers (Novelty Hands Grabbers)

These were fairly common, they've become very difficult to find.  Made by Loftus International out of Salt Lake City, Utah.

SERVO

2 - Carousel Snack Dispenser

Some variants exist but the good ol' Gumball head is pretty common and is the only piece on this list that's still manufactured.  Distribution is now handled by Garvey Nuts & Candy, where you can order your own case.  Variants include various ripoff sports dispensers, early and later gumball models (early models have no ridges on the outside), and of course, the "haircut model" made by the original designers of the gumball machine, Termotex out of Denmark.

8 - Money Lover Barrel

Very hard to find, the MLB barely pops up on eBay; usually around every four months or so.  Prepare to pay big bucks and don't get disappointed by the lumpiness...they're all like that.

6 - Eveready Floating Lantern

Getting more scarce but are still fairly easy to find.  However, the removable cover that's used for Servo is more difficult to find and are often missing from the flashlight on eBay.

4 - C'More Bunz

Depending where you look, they're fairly easy to find.

10 - Doll/Ventriloquist Hands

You wanna spend all night looking up creepy baby dolls on eBay to find Servo's hands?  Be my guest!  Fortunately, the hand castings that BBI used for the show were leaked and are common in the Bot Building community.

10 - "Trick or Treat" Boo Bowl

One variant is known to exist, that says "Happy Easter" instead of "Trick or Treat".  No manufacturer data is known to exist.  BBI later used "Decor" bowls that had the same dimensions in later seasons.

2 - Tyco Turbo Train

Was difficult to find in the early days, eBay has made them much more common.  However, they are still victim to price scalping as well.

11 - Engine Block

Only one real engine block has been found.  The rest are scratchbuilds, or castings from the "prodigal" engine piece that one bot builder found and Gary made a mold of.  Remember, 2 feet long, purple/pink race car, yellow engine...if you can find it, you'll solve one of the biggest mysteries of the universe.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 02:40:27 PM by SynaMax »

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Bot Part Rarity Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
I like how the engine block turns the dial up to 11 ;)

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2013, 10:34:48 AM »
What would you rate a Century car seat for Gypsy?  I'm thinking they're a 9 or 10 at this point in the game.

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 09:35:55 PM »
What would you rate a Century car seat for Gypsy?  I'm thinking they're a 9 or 10 at this point in the game.

I would say a 9.  Six degrees of separation and time are factors in finding one, especially since when I got mine it was from someone on the yahoo group.

However, I predict they maybe popping up more on eBay as completed Gypsys, as people get rid of their collections.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 09:18:23 AM »
However, I predict they maybe popping up more on eBay as completed Gypsys, as people get rid of their collections.

There's quite a bit of truth to this statement.  I've seen a couple of people who've dumped their half-finished bot building projects on both the Yahoo group and eBay over the years... including one Gypsy.

Gypsy seems to be a "I spend years tracking down the parts, and then never did a damn thing with them" type project for most builders once they realize how huge the car seats are ;)

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2013, 02:41:15 PM »
Updated "Italian Fanny Pinchers" entry with manufacture information.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 11:01:32 AM »
Nice detective work, sir.

Now if I could only find the decade old picture I had of KTMA Cambot where some fan had all the part sourced out.

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
You should update this just in case.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

DentonUSA

• "Knew your father,I did!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:38:14 PM »
Okay. I'll try my best to update it:

CROW:

Cooper XL7 is now a 5:
"These babies are getting harder and harder to find with the cage. This is, of course, because the helmet had major design flaws, including a cage that would fall out very easily. Try and look, and you could still find a real one."

Schwarz Bros Dish is now a 5:
"They're starting to get a bit easier to find. However, there's many variations. Be careful."

Empire pin is still a 7:
"Gone are the days when a simple eBay search can get ya a few of these babies. I have seen a few pop up here and there, though. Thankfully, we have Bob Bukowski and his marvelous molding machine."

Tupperware Floraliers are now 2:
"You can still get them, however, they're getting a bit harder to find. I didn't want to make it a 3, so I made it 2, okay?"

Wallace Lamp is still a 10:
(In creepy old man voice) "Nobody ever sells 'em, nobody ever buys 'em."

Fanny Pinchers are now a......is 8⅓ fair?:
"I may be cheating the system here, but I don't want to lower it all the way to an 8. Don't get me wrong, it's still super rare, however, unlike the Wallace Lamp, patience is a virtue. Feel free to correct me on this one. I wasn't really sure."

TOM SERVO:

Carousel Snack Dispenser is now a 1:
"Do I even need to explain this one? Didn't think so."

Money Lovers Barrel is now a 7:
"Getting much easier to find on eBay. However, get ready to make your wallet cry cuz they ain't cheap!"

Everready Lantern is about a 5 now:
"Gettin' easier and cheaper to find. Some snucks are sellin' em for 20 bucks! Ha! Better get one before you all do..."

C'more Bunz is about a 3:
"eBay is you're friend. Just make sure you get the right model."

Doll Hands are now a 10:
"We finally know the hands! Yay! But...only one of the dolls has been found. Boo!"

Boo Bowl is still a 10:
"These babies were only sold at a Minnesotan crafts fair several decades ago. Do I need to explain further why they are so rare? Didn't think so."

Tyco Train is about a 4:
"Getting harder to find, but not impossible."

Engine block is OVER 9000!!!:
"Just kidding. But no, it is very rare."

Welp. I just wasted an hour of my life. Hope I helped!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 11:10:21 PM by DentonUSA »

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 03:00:56 PM »
Thanks
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

DentonUSA

• "Knew your father,I did!"
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 11:10:52 PM »
Lowered Tyco Trains to a 4