Author Topic: MST3K The Movie Unscoring???  (Read 2630 times)

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
MST3K The Movie Unscoring???
« on: December 09, 2013, 04:57:23 PM »
I've heard if u put a DVD in the computer with DVD ripper and the DVD has 5.1(6 ch) mix, u can unscore it or get music from it. I've only did the unscored of the movie sign scene.Anyone figured about that?  :-\

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: MST3K The Movie Unscoring???
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 07:06:06 PM »
Whatever disc that would be would have to offer an isolated score as part of the listing of audio tracks on the DVD/BR.

To my knowledge, there isn't an isolated score track on the original MST3K:TM DVD, reissue DVD, or the new BR.

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 04:12:54 PM »
well i did the 7 channel ripping and i did't get the score but i got the voices and sound only.https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9QdqNo9YCIfTmJtUDNSZTBIWVE/edit?usp=sharing here's the track from the beginning of the movie.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 05:34:36 PM »
To my remembrance, MST3K:TM was shot in stereo, so any massaging up past 2 channels is digital trickery.

But to check for myself, I extracted the audio from the new BR disc that came out a couple months back....  and what you seem to have extracted was the center channel (which is pretty amazingly clean)... the front left and right channels do have the music track, but there's a sympathetic echo of anything happening in the center channel plus the regular audio for the movie.

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 08:12:33 PM »
i think that the tv show also has stereo mix (season 8-10) i just don't see the 7 ch. on the ripper when i put one of the episodes in it

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 08:25:25 AM »
Yup... 2.0 sound all the way down.