Author Topic: New MST3K / Oral History Wired Article  (Read 3417 times)

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
New MST3K / Oral History Wired Article
« on: April 23, 2014, 12:48:02 AM »
Awesome article on MST3K's history, straight from Joel and the gang.  Also, new online webseries of MST3K maybe on the way.

http://www.wired.com/2014/04/mst3k-oral-history/

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: New MST3K / Oral History Wired Article
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 06:36:31 PM »
I enjoyed the article... it was nice they included as many alumni as they did.

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 02:07:40 AM »
Saw Joel at a con last weekend. In his panel (a sped-up hour-long version of Riffing Myself), he said he would've hesitated to say anything since it's not 100% confirmed yet, but the Wired article spilled the beans.

He said he'd recollect the Brains, but I didn't catch the context of that, whether any had expressed interest or had actually signed on. He said on-camera performers would be new young folks, leaving he and his fellow "old people" behind the scenes. He didn't mention Mallon being involved.

Later, as we talked bots at his table (I brought my Tom and Crow), he said the bots would have changes--Tom would separate between the skirt and the barrel, and between the barrel and the head, connected by something like dryer hose, so that he could be more articulate and would be shown hovering. I asked if that meant he wouldn't be carried into the theater, and he said the change wouldn't necessarily preclude that.

He said Crow will have legs now, and I didn't get into the fact that he was shown with legs a few times already.

He had brought his "travel Servo", (held together with Velcro so he can be broken down for packing), and I found out he got the parts from Bob.  :D

Acro2pilot

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 11:08:55 PM »
Great report from the expo, wonder if we will all have to build new Crow's with legs?

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 11:27:15 AM »
Joel had mentioned at IndyPopCon that the bots were going to be redesigned a bit for the proposed reboot, but nothing as specific as what you're saying Treadwell.   I guess he's firming up some ideas.

At IndyPopCon I asked about the "basement bots" he'd posted on Twitter, and he said it was all an effort to see if he still had the bot building spirit in him.