Author Topic: Century Infant Seat is the new rarest item?  (Read 7311 times)

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
Century Infant Seat is the new rarest item?
« on: February 28, 2011, 09:13:51 PM »
It seems like the Century Infant Seat has joined with the Wallace Lamp and Money Lover Barrel as part of the "Rarest Part Family".  lol  Has anyone seen one lately?  I'm assuming the majority of them were destroyed because they were recalled.  Maybe someone should someone start vacuumforming them or something.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Century Infant Seat is the new rarest item?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 10:37:57 PM »
I have 3 seats....  Randy at Lil' Monsters (from the Bot builders list) has been working on making reproductions for a while now.

The biggest issue is "Who is really building Gypsy, and can't just find someone who wanted to make one at one point wanted to and gave up, and now has a seat for sale."

That's how I acquired all 3 of mine...  well... and a YTMND site :)

http://ytmndauctions.ytmnd.com/

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2011, 11:01:39 AM »
Does that mean you have one for sale?  LOL.  :D
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2011, 09:56:30 PM »
I recently traded a seat for an original Money Lover Barrel...  the one semi-rare part I just HAD to own.  I've got 2 left... one that will eventually be turned into a Gypsy, and the other that I'll keep for future molding, or when BBI puts MST back into production and needs car seats (and me to come be on their bot building team... heh).

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2011, 07:16:37 AM »
I'm with you, man.  I've wanted to make toys my entire life, and in a sense I have, but like you I would love to be a "proffessional" in the field. I really am surprised in the world of You Tube and with as many fans as MST3K has there hasn't been some sort of web revival.  I love Riff Trax (as a matter of fact I just watched Refer Madness) but there is something disheartening about not seeing the guys sitting in the front row in the bottom of my screen. 

So, any idea where I can get a seat now?  ;)
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2011, 06:57:57 PM »
I was able to get my first car seat off a stunt I tried on YTMND :)

http://ytmndauctions.ytmnd.com/

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2011, 07:44:15 PM »
What a great idea. How would I go about doing that? I had to join already to see your ad.  8)
It took me a moment to realize that it was not in fact an auction site, lol.

I posted an ad on iOffer.com using a cropped out version of your ad as it had great pics, I hope that that is okay. (If not let me know and I'll delete the pic.)  As I am waiting to build Crow I figured I'd try to gather the parts for Gypsy as well. If I had the parts I'd build her today. ;D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 09:15:31 PM by myersfarms »

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2011, 11:03:43 PM »
What a great idea. How would I go about doing that? I had to join already to see your ad.  8)
It took me a moment to realize that it was not in fact an auction site, lol.

I posted an ad on iOffer.com using a cropped out version of your ad as it had great pics, I hope that that is okay. (If not let me know and I'll delete the pic.)  As I am waiting to build Crow I figured I'd try to gather the parts for Gypsy as well. If I had the parts I'd build her today. ;D

YOU MAY ABSOLUTELY FEEL FREE TO USE IT! THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE TRYING TO FIND BOT PARTS! ;)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2011, 08:47:17 AM »
Thank you kind sir!  My wife (Cindy is her name) keeps teasing me saying "When you gonna build Gypsy, when you gonna build Gypsy!"  She feels out numbered by Tom and I.  I told her that with our daughter we're technically even.  Her counter was "Well, you're in the process of getting Crow built aren't you?"  She says then it would be three against two.  I don't have the heart to tell her that Gypsy technically is voiced by a man.  I think she already knows.  ;D

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2011, 01:54:21 PM »
3 different men, and 1 women ;)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2011, 02:33:42 PM »
3 different men, and 1 women ;)

Well, technically all three men are me as I do all of the voices...

Wait that isn't what you meant at all was it!  I just lost serious geek cred. 8)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 12:29:10 PM »
Okay, I'm putting the word out here and soon in the want section. I want to build Gypsy too, so I need a Century Infant Car Seat.  I have funds available and can pay you what it's worth.  Please let me know.  Thanks-
Mark-Myers' Farms Online!

Jackson.B Leavitt

• MSN Messenger - jbleavitt01@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • JackDaMan Productions
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 12:21:46 PM »
im spending every day after school to go to thrift stores just to see what they have
Jack.L

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2015, 05:42:24 PM »
Does any of the builders at the yahoo groups have any spares? PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY DO!  8)
"Watch out for snakes!"

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 08:50:58 PM »
I actually have two... one that I'll eventually do a build with, and one that I need to hold on to in case Joel puts the call out for parts.