Author Topic: Pins... Crown vs. Empire  (Read 9360 times)

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Pins... Crown vs. Empire
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2014, 11:13:45 PM »
^I was wondering about that!

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2015, 03:23:39 PM »
How much does Gary Glover sell "E" pins for anyway? I need to get around to going to Toys R Us and buying a set of Stats Bowling Pins.
"Watch out for snakes!"

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2015, 01:32:16 AM »
Fun fact: when I met Joel last year and talked bots, he didn't know what I was talking about when I used the term "E pin". I assume it was just the term (invented by the likes of us, after all) and not the very fact that there are different kinds of pins that he was unfamiliar with.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2015, 02:41:41 PM »
Joel and the gang seem to know the broad strokes about the parts, not much in the way of fine details.

I was very honored to be asked to "play Patrick for the day" by Kevin and Bill.  They too knew the broad strokes, but had me come up and give a parts break down... and I even got to field a few audience questions about bot building.

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2015, 12:39:00 AM »
Nice!

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2015, 03:40:07 PM »
Does anyone know when BBI officially jumped over to the crown pins? I've always heard it was pretty much a Sci-Fi era thing, but are there certain episodes where the crown is evident?
I watched Screaming Skull, the other day, the host segment with about the Gumby short, at one point Crow leans forward and if you look closely on the Shout Factory! edition you can actually see a crown logo where the stylized e should be.
"Watch out for snakes!"

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2015, 11:04:42 PM »
Ah, thanks, that helps us establish the range. So it was during season 9 that they started running out of E's, it seems, and finally getting more early in season 10.

Their problem makes it easier for bot builders, of course, since that adds yet another screen-accurate variation. :)

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2015, 08:08:53 AM »
I seem to remember a "Patrick Story" about them modifying crown pins to look like E pins, and then just giving up because they realized that it was very seldom visible on camera. :)