Re: Beeper
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 04:14:02 PM »
Heh!

bryguytoofly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2015, 04:29:18 PM »
uh ohhh, are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?

bryguytoofly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2015, 04:43:11 PM »
It looks like the beeper/servo case is open again. This is an Italian/Space Age style plastic stand from the 70's by a company called "Kartell." Today they make acrylic kitchen stuff mostly I think but back then they made all kinds of cool space age style home decor. This particular one came in green but they could have made others orange. Is Joel certain that it was a traffic cone? Dun dun duuuunn

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 06:40:14 PM »
OH WOWWW! Where can i find one find one of those?
"Watch out for snakes!"

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 08:24:35 PM »
Mind BLOWN!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2015, 08:36:47 PM »

bryguytoofly

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2015, 12:30:09 PM »
@1984gojifan - Ebay, where else? :)

@Ron - The Caroma is very similar to mine but there are very subtle differences, mostly in the lid. The way I came across mine was from researching Kartell desk organizers which have plenty of knock-offs themselves. Not sure who came out with the original mold of this but whatever the case may be, these make great hover skirts. It seems as though these don't pop up very often so I'm going to keep them in their original state in case somebody wants to make a mold or a 3D print scan.

BeepertheCreeper

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2017, 07:21:20 PM »
This looks amazing!! as you can see I love Beeper but I was wondering if someone could make a list of all the pieces cause I want to make him Thanks

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2018, 06:32:06 PM »
Beeper parts have been at the top of my "look for at every antique store and thrift shop" list for a while now, especially the plastic "hoverskirt" stand.  So far, no luck.  However, I did have one of those plastic slide viewers in my hand a few months ago that looked nearly identical to Beeper's eye/head/thingie.  It wasn't quite right, so I put it back, but it was an encouraging sign that building a Beeper might not be such an impossible task!

I have to say, though, those funky 70's stands are hard to find.  I've seen a few of the knockoffs on eBay, but, as bryguytoofly said above, the lid isn't quite right.  I'm hoping I'll see one at an antique store for cheap one day.  Fingers crossed!

Sgt Nate V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 12:02:35 PM »
If you want to have some more accuracy, then the arms are smooth in the wrist area compared to the rest of them. I've also noticed this little part in between the neck and head that yours doesn't seem to have.

EDIT: After viewing a photo of an unmodified slide viewer in this thread, it may actually be the bottom part of the slide viewer as seen from the back.

EDIT2: Disregard the previous edit.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 02:23:15 PM by Sgt Nate V »