Author Topic: My Tom Servo  (Read 2190 times)

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
My Tom Servo
« on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:52 PM »
 Here's my Tom Servo, I repainted him after I made that video in January, which was a few days after my 17th Birthday. I built him from a Kit from MST3Kbots.com which I purchased near the end of February of 2014. Building and maintaining him was an adventure. I knew from the Get-go that if I bought a kit from Bob, It would have Resin shoulders and homemade springs. For my 16th birthday I asked my mom to by me a Mr. Moonie doll from Amazon, thinking that it'd be the same as a C'more Bunz Doll. WRONG! :(

So when I got the kit i had to make do with the included parts. Last summer I got a C'more Bunz from eBay. but the Air bulb was damaged so I did a transplant from the Mr. Moonie doll. In fact it wasn't till Bob pointed that Servo's arms extended in the Season 2 intro that I noticed it in, the intro and occasionally in the episodes.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 03:35:37 PM by 1984gojifan »
"Watch out for snakes!"

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: My Tom Servo
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2015, 07:48:45 PM »
Again, nicely done!

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Tom Servo
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 03:50:09 PM »
Thanks Ron! Just yesterday I bought a Carousel Terotex dispenser (the Haircut kind) from eBay for $9.99 + $3.50 shipping, before it comes I'm gonna run over to Do It Best Hardware (whose headquarters is located in here in Fort Wayne) ;) and buying supplies for his control rod, plus a few other things.

Now that I am a bot builder, My view towards hardware stores changed, I used to get bored when I had to go to Lowes and Menards with my Dad.

Will keep you posted, unlike Roll Fizzlebeef, heh-heh!  ;)
"Watch out for snakes!"