Author Topic: Crow Legs done!  (Read 2205 times)

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crow Legs done!
« on: October 19, 2015, 12:31:10 PM »
After a LOT of tinkering and repainting, I finally got Crows legs perfected and completed. I opted not to go for the Robo Claw feet in order to differentiate further between Crow and Timmy. I originally had Robo claw feet but the they were too brittle. One day when my Dad went to Lowes I tagged along and after searching through the plumbing area and experimenting with the different fittings, I was able to perfect the forked claw feet from Unearthly, Jungle Goddess, and the hedonism sketch from Hercules Unchained as closely as possible. I used:

Two 1/2-in 45-Degree Elbow CPVC couplings for the Heels

Two LASCO 1/2-in 90-Degree Elbow CPVC couplings with holes drilled int the corners for the heels to attach.

Four Genova 1/2-in 45-Degree Elbow CPVC couplings for the toes and some 1/2 CPVC pipe. Some Pex tubing was used to attach them to the ankle joints.

I used pieces of a 2x4 to mount the legs to the floralier. they're braced in place with part of a 3/4 inch CPVC coupling and a wood screw. the control rod goes right through it.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 10:31:19 AM by 1984gojifan »
"Watch out for snakes!"

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Crow Legs done!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 10:35:49 AM »
I love it... very bird-like!

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 10:36:20 AM »
Yes, very bird like indeed! That's why I made them. They [the legs] can actually stand on their own by themselves, if their balanced correctly. To be honest Crow does kinda look like an extinct robotic prehistoric bird. 
"Watch out for snakes!"

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 09:24:13 AM »
Can you make a guide for this.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!