Author Topic: ATTENTION: Parts Needed for Bots on the New MST3K  (Read 4588 times)

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
ATTENTION: Parts Needed for Bots on the New MST3K
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
Hello fellow Bot Builders.

As some of you may know, I am currently working with Joel on new versions of Crow and Tom Servo for the new MST3K episodes. A good number of each bot are going to be need for filming the host segments, theater riffing and extra bots that will be used on-screen and then given to Kickstarter donors who pledged at a high level.

At the moment I'm having an issue with obtaining enough Tupperware panels for all the Crows necessary. For the past few months I've been stockpiling as many good, clean panels as I can, but I am still short of what I need. I thought I'd reach out to the bot building community to see if anyone would like to donate any spare panels they might have.

You have my pledge that none of these will be used for the Crows and Crow kits that I sell. Each piece donated will be used on a Crow that will appear on the new MST3K. I will be numbering and keeping track of each Crow and will tell you where and which episode you parts were used if possible. I can't guarantee that I will be close enough to the production to say precisely where they will be used.

Before you send anything, I do have a few conditions that have to be met:

• I only need the long bottom panel from the Tupperware Floralier vase (see photo). I have lots of surplus vase and grid pieces already.
  • The pieces must be relatively clean and not heavily scratched or gouged. I know all these vase have been used to some degree and its impossibly to get them in perfect condition, but I do need them to be as clean as possible.
  • They also must be straight. I can't used any warped ones.
  • They can't already be painted or drilled.
  • Please don't rush over to ebay or etsy to try to buy Tupperware. I'm constantly monitoring them and you would just end up bidding against me. But feel free to check your local thrift stores and garage sales.
  • Finally, I need them in the next 2-3 weeks (July 12 - July 31 [2016]), but the sooner the better.

I'm not going to post my mailing address here, but if you already have it drop me an email and let me know you are sending something. Otherwise, private message me here and I will give you my mailing address and get your info.

I could also use some of the old style Carousel Snack dispensers if they are unpainted and have clean unscratched globes.

I can't guarantee that I would be able to give any on-screen credit to the parts donors but if I can I will. You will get the satisfaction of knowing your parts were used on air and that you helped in a small way to make it possible.

Also please don't ask for any details about the new bots or the show. I really can't say much, but from what I know so far, there are going to be a lot of happy MSTies out there once it airs.

Hikeeba!

Bob Bukoski

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: ATTENTION: Parts Needed for Bots on the New MST3K
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 04:31:17 PM »
Out of Curiosity Are you good with the Gypsy Heads?
"Watch out for snakes!"

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 11:11:53 PM »
I'm good on the Gypsy seats. Don't have any reproduction seats made yet. I've had some bigger fish fry  :)

1984gojifan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 04:54:57 PM »
So do you still have panels available to sell?what do the repro ones look like
"Watch out for snakes!"

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2016, 10:25:00 AM »
I still have a small quantity for kits and built Crows. They're the slightly more heavily used panels. My cast resin panels are the same as the originals but with small indentations showing where to drill for the shoulder blocks and neck. The original Tupperware panels are a lot stronger and more durable which is why I would prefer to use only those for the show bots.

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2016, 04:02:12 AM »
I have some in storage that I can send your way.

EDIT:  Did Carousel change the Snack Dispenser molds?  Have you tried Novus Plastic Polish for scratched domes?  I use it to remove marks and scratches on my transparent LEGO parts and it works great.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 04:11:16 AM by SynaMax »

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 09:50:08 AM »
Private message me for my shipping address.

Carousel changed the design of the snack dispensers about 4 years ago, or got a new manufacture that changed the design. The construction is flimsy, the plastic is thinner, the lower mouth piece drags against the housing, every dome is heavily scratched. The only positive change is that the globe now twist off and doesn't have to be sawed off.

I'm going to use the old snack dispensers because of their better construction and cleaner looking globes.

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2016, 01:17:13 AM »
I do have a spare old dispenser, but it is sans globe.

SynaMax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 07:09:02 PM »
PM sent!

Aaron N.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 12:53:15 PM »
Is this still on-going?

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 03:54:08 PM »
Sorry, we no longer need the parts. The bots are all built and they're getting ready to be filmed.

Thanks to Ron and Max for sending parts. I'll contact you later privately to tell you where your parts were used. Hikeeba!

Bob

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 10:06:09 PM »
Awesome!

1984gojifan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 10:18:42 AM »
So Bob did you go to LA and build all the bots?
"Watch out for snakes!"