Author Topic: WTB MST3K Janus model kit or DVD pack-in figurines  (Read 1861 times)

DefenderDarko

• View Profile
WTB MST3K Janus model kit or DVD pack-in figurines
« on: December 31, 2015, 09:31:27 PM »
Hey fellow Msties! Like the topic says, I'm looking for the MST3K Janus model kit. It doesn't need to be the original, I'll go with resin copies or a garage kit. I plan to use the parts to build custom action figures of Mike, Joel, and the three bots, instead of just assembling it as a static model kit.

Alternatively, I'm also looking for the three robots that came with the Rhino home video releases. They're like five inch figurines of Gypsy, Tom, and Crow.

If you can help with any of this, please let me know!!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: WTB MST3K Janus model kit or DVD pack-in figurines
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 10:46:39 AM »
I've never seen copies of the Janus kit... but I'd be interested in buying one (should they exist).

I bought my original kit from Kevin Murphy's brother (Christopher?) a number of years back... I guess it was one of the promo kit Janus gave Kevin for offering his endorsement.

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2016, 11:12:49 AM »
Cool, Ron.

"Alternatively, I'm also looking for the three robots that came with the Rhino home video releases. They're like five inch figurines of Gypsy, Tom, and Crow."

DefenderDarko If I were you I WOULD NOT HACK UP any of the Shout Factory Volume Issued figurines. Those are collectors pieces that should not be made into custom action figures.

Though I would give Gypsy a show accurate look by hand painting her with Testors Purple Metalflake model paint.
"Watch out for snakes!"

DefenderDarko

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2016, 08:43:10 PM »
I wouldn't do that the originals. Tom is fine. I would probably make a resin copy of Crow to mess with.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 04:45:39 PM »
The Crow that came with the 20th Anniversary box set is out of scale with the other two figures.... which is sort of a disappointment.