Author Topic: How big is the Cupco lettuce crisper for Cambot?  (Read 2907 times)

OB10

• View Profile
    • Email
How big is the Cupco lettuce crisper for Cambot?
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:06:30 AM »
Since that thing seems to be about as easy to locate these days as a Money Lover Barrel, I was thinking about some alternatives.  I know I have seen the bloody things... at one point or another... but I don't remember how big they are.  I seem to remember them as being about 12" in diameter.  (That'd be some pretty big lettuce.)  I'm thinking of using a plastic globe that would cover a light, like from here:
https://www.1000bulbs.com/search/?q=globe+acrylic   Or from a local lighting supplier.

The Big Bobber Floating Cooler is available at Bed Bath and Beyond (seen it recently), and supposedly at Walmart and other places.  It's about 12" in diameter, but then you'd have to remove the top thing, dome it over, smooth it out, hope paint sticks to it... and hopefully it'd be strong enough to to hang from fishing line.  Seems like a lot of work.

Party City has these 2 piece plastic ball containers (http://www.partycity.com/product/favor+bags+and+boxes.do) in a bunch of colors.  They're cheap, paint probably won't like to stick to them, and they're only about 6 inches in diameter.  (That would be some much smaller lettuce.)  I like the convenience and price, but it seems that the "real" Cambot was probably twice the size.

So I'm thinking the easiest solution would be for a lamp globe.  Anyone have a diameter?

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
Re: How big is the Cupco lettuce crisper for Cambot?
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 12:48:54 PM »
I might have some big news on this in a couple days. Waiting for a package to arrive with an item I've been hunting for the last 20 years. Pictures will follow  ;)

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 04:42:39 PM »
^^^^ these types of posts, are the best kinds of posts :)

jbl

• MSN Messenger - jbleavitt01@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • JackDaMan Productions
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 11:56:03 PM »
I don't know how big the bottom side is (but your not really going to be using that) but I know the top is 4 inches tall and 9 inches wide.

I had made a CamBot early 2015 and left it in my garage over the summer and sadly because of the heat the paint started to melt off and when the paint got tacky it stuck the platform it was one so i'm probably going to build a new one.
Jack.L

sledge_riprock

• View Profile
    • MST3K Bots
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 10:37:52 AM »
See the new topic above for info on Cambot.  ;D

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info

OB10

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2016, 04:28:19 PM »
That is all kinds of cool!

I don't have one of those, either.   ;D

Obi-Bob