Author Topic: Joe Crow's eye method  (Read 62 times)

mikeh1982

• View Profile
Joe Crow's eye method
« on: June 03, 2017, 08:13:05 PM »
Hey all.

I just attempted a build of Crow's eye mechanism using the Joe Crow method - mostly because it seemed to me the easiest build. But upon doing it, it was not a successful turnout. The elastic wasn't tugging the eyes back to center, the screw holding the styrene onto the dowel was getting in the way of the eyes, and recommended drill hole size on the styrene seem to be unnecessarily too big.

I was wondering if anyone else has built it using Joe Crows method and if they have had success, before I try again. Not sure if I just need to try again or if the design overall is flawed. Any feedback is appreciated - also if anyone can recall any specific pointers they can supplement from when they built Joe's mechanism, I'd love to hear it.

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Joe Crow's eye method
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2017, 09:55:28 AM »
Honestly, Gary Glover or Bob Bukoski's methods are the way to go.  Joe (rest his soul) was trying to get stuff out the door quickly, and it showed.

mikeh1982

• View Profile
Re: Joe Crow's eye method
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2017, 02:44:51 PM »
I was watching Gary glovers youtube tutorials. He was very detailed at some parts, but other parts, it seemed like he glazed over some things and it confused me a bit. But is Joe's methods weren't the best, then it might be worth my time to try and power through it.