Author Topic: MST3K Live's "Eegah Shaver Trainer"! (Think of the alternative!)  (Read 240 times)

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
MST3K Live's "Eegah Shaver Trainer"! (Think of the alternative!)
« on: September 10, 2017, 11:15:15 PM »
Those of you who attended an MST3K Live Show (or two!) this summer know that the shows were packed with tons of practical props and inventions, including a memorable appearance by a terrifying, shaving cream covered, long tongued giant Eegah head during... well, I'm sure you can guess which of the two shows it appeared in.  ;)

For those of you who didn't get a chance to attend, the head was used in a shaving competition between Servo and Jonah, with the audience split in half and cheering for one or the other.  The head featured moving eyes, a voice declairing classic Richard Kiel quotables like "Shtemlo!", and an unsettling, long pink lolling tongue.  It was operated by a puppeteer behind the desk while Jonah and Tom shaved like they'd never shaved before.  (At my show in Chicago, Tom's spring arm snapped off and Jonah declared himself the winner by default as Tom screamed "WHAT DID YOU DO?!?!" over and over again.  It was hysterical!)

Anyway, here's a shot we got of the head in action:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 11:19:01 PM by Danzilla93 »

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: MST3K Live's "Eegah Shaver Trainer"! (Think of the alternative!)
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 06:37:11 PM »
i missed the live show because i unluckily, live in mississippi. And the closest one was hours away, and school was starting the next week.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:32:05 AM »
The one advantage of the cheap seats:

The operator of the Egah head was none other than our buddy Waverly, aka the Bonehead.

My phone sucks in low light and ofcourse at a far distance.  Had I thought about it I would have brought in my compact DSLR.

HunterSam

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 03:16:39 AM »
Nice pics regardless. Hope you had a good time.

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 09:09:44 AM »
A few other pics I managed to dig up from within the deep recesses of my phone: