Author Topic: Minneapolis moving company photos of BBI storage unit  (Read 83 times)

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
Minneapolis moving company photos of BBI storage unit
« on: October 30, 2017, 12:12:16 AM »
This is a year old but I only just found out about it:

http://www.metcalfmoving.com/moverspackersblog/moving-satellite-love/

A couple pics of shelves of video tapes (they saved the raw studio footage!), and a bunch of bot remnants!

I was surprised there was any bot material left in Minnesota. I thought they had auctioned or given it all away.

Pics are a little bigger than displayed; do the right-click thing.

I was going to wonder if these bots got cannibalized and reused for Season 11, but his happened after production wrapped.  .... or, this page was posted after production. I guess the actual move could've happened prior.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:20:21 AM by treadwell »

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Minneapolis moving company photos of BBI storage unit
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2017, 10:10:21 AM »
Arrrrg, ya beat me to the punch!  ;)

I stumbled across this yesterday, as well.  Thanks for posting it!  I, too, was curious about the fact that some Bot remnants appeared to still be in storage at BBI.  I had always wondered where that Gypsy maquette had gone.  I wonder what Shout! plans to do with the remnants?

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 11:36:49 AM »
So many Beta SP tapes and partial Servos!

There is no chance they will see this but:
BBI Team, I have experience as an analog to digital archivist and have a Beta SP to Digital setup if you ever want to digitize.  I can do simple dumps to DVD or to a digital format.  Soon I will have the capability to archived from Beta SP to Prores 422.

I do not currently work as an archivist (other than random freelance jobs dealing with negatives and old photos), so there is no issue with a non-compete.  Believe it or not, I work in large scale telecom...

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 11:57:10 AM »
Fun side note.  That tiny little Gypsy back there is one of the trophies they gave away at the costume contest at the first Convento-con.

Daughter of a friend won one as Nummy Muffin Coocol Butter :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIg6tQOwwg

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 09:09:22 AM »
At least know that Joel won't have to worry about the floralier shortage. Cause of all the crow remains they have.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!