Author Topic: Season 11 Satellite of Love!  (Read 1028 times)

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
Season 11 Satellite of Love!
« on: November 14, 2017, 10:32:31 PM »
I recently received my long awaited MST3K: Season 11 Blu-ray box set in the mail, and spent an afternoon watching all of the exclusive content.  It was a treasure trove of information, and featured a lot of images from the production spread out over the documentary and two image galleries.

One of the highlights of one of the aforementioned galleries was a series of shots showing the construction of the Season 11 Satellite of Love.  They intrigued me for a few reasons: firstly, for the simple reason that I love seeing how these props are made; secondly, because these are really the clearest images we have of the new SOL anywhere right now, and give us our first detailed look at the whole prop; and third, the construction process is practically identical to the method I used a few months ago to make my own Satellite of Love!  I was doing the same thing the professionals were doing.  Talk about cool!

Anyway, for the sake of posterity and future prop building aspirations, here are the images for you to enjoy:

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Season 11 Satellite of Love!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 02:57:54 AM »
Where exactly did you find the Blu-ray set of Season 11?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 02:07:42 AM by crowtrobotfan4 »

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 07:13:55 AM »
I'm a Kickstarter backer for Season 11, and the reward tier I selected included a Blu-ray box set of the new episodes.  It was created for Season 11 investors only, and isn't available anywhere else.

Chances are a DVD/Blu-ray set will be available to the public sometime next summer, but that set won't contain all the bonus content the Kickstarter set has.

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 09:00:34 AM »
crowtrobotfan4 you have a sensitive topic typo, the part where you meant to say set.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

crowtrobotfan4

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 02:08:20 AM »
crowtrobotfan4 you have a sensitive topic typo, the part where you meant to say set.
sorry. It was that stupid autocorrect. My bad

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:34:15 AM »
Crowtrobotfan4, if you are still itching to get Season 11 on DVD, Good news!

Shout! just announced their DVD and Blu-ray set will release on April 17th!  The only bonus feature is the documentary, but it's an amazing, feature-length look at the entire process of bringing Season 11to life.

Get it here!

https://www.shoutfactory.com/product/mystery-science-theater-3000-season-eleven?product_id=6685