Author Topic: WE'VE GOT SEASON 12 SIGN!!!!!!!!  (Read 183 times)

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
WE'VE GOT SEASON 12 SIGN!!!!!!!!
« on: November 23, 2017, 11:30:20 PM »
ITS OFFICIAL!!!! 

ITS HAPPENING!!!!

MST3K IS COMING BACK FOR SEASON 12 ON NETFLIX IN 2018!!!!!!!!

The news was just announced by Joel, Jonah, and Felicia at the conclusion of the 2017 Turkey Day Marathon!  I'm so excited, I was NOT expecting (but definitely hoping for) a Season 12 announcement tonight, but we got one! 

Whaddya think, sirs?!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WE'VE GOT SEASON 12 SIGN!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 01:30:24 AM »
If they had to do one film from the 2000's, I would expect it to be, any of the bay transformers (or as i call it, transboremors). I hope they at least do troll 2, and mac and me at some point. Or hell i would even want them to do a videobrinquedo film, which are notorious for ripping off pixar and dreamworks, and was even roasted on tawogb. But if they did godzilla's revenge, i would probably grab popcorn, my servo puppet, my dog, and a random turtle from the backyard and watch it.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 01:46:11 PM »
Oh there are plenty of crappy movies still out there to grab, off the top of my head:
ROTOR
APE
Gymkata
No Retreat No Surrender
Vendetta
Traxx

I was working on finding the person with the rights to Traxx for awhile but found out through a friend who works in film metadata but found out that it is stuck in HBO licensing hell.  My gameplan was to find the owner and just send it over to BBI.  It is a movie made by a radio show host who somehow convinced a company to make a film staring him.  It is about a cop who is too good, who becomes a mercenary, who becomes a baker, then becomes a town tamer.  It is one of two films that guest stars Famous Amos!  But yeah, it goes from an action movie to a cooking show back to an action movie.

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:39:38 AM »
i would love to see them do robocop 3.

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 01:04:20 PM »
Three words:

MASTER.  NINJA.  3.

Kino Lorber will be releasing the complete series of The Master on Blu-ray next year, so that means HD masters exist.  At least three of Season 11's titles were licensed from Kino Lorber, so they have a working relationship.  Joel and Co. could, in theory, edit episodes five and six together and in effect recreate Master Ninja 3!

WE CAN HOPE!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 10:24:22 PM »
They will never cover a mainstream movie, that is what Rifftraxs is for.

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 11:13:29 PM »
^Exactly.  And they are brilliant at it.  MST3K is for the obscure and the bizarre, for stuff most people have likely never heard of.

Stuff like the Starman movies.  Those are amazing.

They need to riff those.

Like, a LOT.

Any other Starman fans around here?  ;)

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 12:59:57 AM »
I was joking about the transboremors thing, but i'm surprised the've yet to do mac & me.

1984gojifan

• If You're like me and I know I am
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 08:26:25 PM »
HOORAY!
"Watch out for snakes!"

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 01:37:36 PM »
The most likely movies are the ones whose rights are already at Shout! Factory, like Reptilicus, The Time Travelers, The Beast of Hollow Mountain, and Starcrash were, and those that are part of Kino Lorber's extensive catalogue of cult movies, which includes The Land that Time Forgot, Yongary, and At the Earth's Core. (If I forgot any, please correct me!) Take a look at the movies these two companies have the rights to... there's enough cheesy movies between them to power another five or six seasons!

If I had to pick some likely candidates, I'd say The People that Time Forgot and A*P*E from Kino, and Angry Red Planet, Empire of the Ants, Tenticles, Food of the Gods, and The Neanderthal Man from Shout!.  All of these would be perfect for the new season!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 03:27:53 PM »
I predicted that APE would be on this season.  But if they air it would they keep the bird scene?

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2017, 08:00:27 PM »
^Good question.  ;D Part of me hopes so, but chances are Tom will hover over the finger in question.  Maybe the bots will bust out the "boob blimps" again.  But that flip off is too much comedy gold to delete completely.

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 07:58:22 PM »
Aside from the obveous discussions about what movies they could riff (and how many), I'm particularly interested in potentially solving some MSTories established in the lore of Season 11.  A fair bit of it was done to parody world/universe building, but Season 11 did still leave us with some important questions unanswered:

-Gypsy's Payload: WHAT THE HECK IS IT?!  They've been deliberately vague about this since the Backer Screenings of Reptilicus.  Why keep it a mystery?  What's so important about The Payload?  I have a feeling Season 12 won't tell us, as I'm assuming they'll keep having Gypsy deliver it for as long as they get renewed for new seasons.  Maybe Season 100 will reveal the secret?  We can hope...

-What is the history of Moon 13 and Moon 14?: Its been confirmed multiple times that these bases on the dark side of the moon were appropriated by Kinga to accommodate the return of MST3K, but what were they before Kinga got there?  Top secret research bases?

-Borderline paranormal manifestations?: Ardy mentions them occurring in Moon 14.  What could it mean?  It's a deliberately unexplained line of dialogue.  Just what is going on down there?

-Reptilicus Metalicus: Where does this thing come from?!  It's obviously built into the ceiling, and seems to obey whoever bears the key.  What is his purpose?

-Who is that mysterious "other host"?: In Carnival Magic, a glitch in the Kinga Chrome gives us a brief image of a mysterious host with the bots.  The credits list him as a "Matt Claude Van Dame".  What is THIS all about?!  Has Kinga had other, less fortunate test subjects between Mike and Jonah?  Could this guy be taking part in a second experiment in another SOL, or perhaps even in the lower sections of the SOL that Jonah's on? 

-How did the Bots get back on the Satellite of Love?: I know, I know, it's just a show, but this one has obviously bugged a lot of people.  It's been the #1 question since the show came out, and Joel has essentially responded by saying he didn't really care.  However, the fans did, and Joel has more recently discussed solving the mystery in a future season.  Really, just a simple scentence or two from one of the bots would do.  If these are the original bots, that is...

-What's with the extra Bots?: Season 11 had a running gag involving numerous Toms and Crows running around the Satellite, sometimes trading places in the theater.  What is up with this?  Just how many of each bot are there?  Are any of them the originals?

And finally...

-Who is Kinga's Mother?: I know, this is a weird one, but in an interview before the show hit Netflix, Felicia Day admitted that she had been told who her mother was, and had been swarn to secrecy. I wonder who it could be!

That's all I can think of at the moment, folks.  Anyone got any other mysteries they want to see solved?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:20:36 PM by Danzilla93 »

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 08:25:42 AM »
I predicted that APE would be on this season.  But if they air it would they keep the bird scene?

I hope so, i mean it probably would still keep it at tv-14. Also, avalanche is apparently rated PG, but it has female nudity, and came out in the 1980's. At least it wasn't a F&*king rape scene (cough cough sidehackers). Now that i think about it, there was a brief stripper in the background during short circuit 2. So yeah.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 08:31:23 AM by Dr.cgad »

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »
Aside from the obveous discussions about what movies they could riff (and how many), I'm particularly interested in potentially solving some MSTories established in the lore of Season 11.  A fair bit of it was done to parody world/universe building, but Season 11 did still leave us with some important questions unanswered:

-Gypsy's Payload: WHAT THE HECK IS IT?!  They've been deliberately vague about this since the Backer Screenings of Reptilicus.  Why keep it a mystery?  What's so important about The Payload?  I have a feeling Season 12 won't tell us, as I'm assuming they'll keep having Gypsy deliver it for as long as they get renewed for new seasons.  Maybe Season 100 will reveal the secret?  We can hope...

-What is the history of Moon 13 and Moon 14?: Its been confirmed multiple times that these bases on the dark side of the moon were appropriated by Kinga to accommodate the return of MST3K, but what were they before Kinga got there?  Top secret research bases?

-Borderline paranormal manifestations?: Ardy mentions them occurring in Moon 14.  What could it mean?  It's a deliberately unexplained line of dialogue.  Just what is going on down there?

-Reptilicus Metalicus: Where does this thing come from?!  It's obviously built into the ceiling, and seems to obey whoever bears the key.  What is his purpose?

-Who is that mysterious "other host"?: In Carnival Magic, a glitch in the Kinga Chrome gives us a brief image of a mysterious host with the bots.  The credits list him as a "Matt Claude Van Dame".  What is THIS all about?!  Has Kinga had other, less fortunate test subjects between Mike and Jonah?  Could this guy be taking part in a second experiment in another SOL, or perhaps even in the lower sections of the SOL that Jonah's on? 

-How did the Bots get back on the Satellite of Love?: I know, I know, it's just a show, but this one has obviously bugged a lot of people.  It's been the #1 question since the show came out, and Joel has essentially responded by saying he didn't really care.  However, the fans did, and Joel has more recently discussed solving the mystery in a future season.  Really, just a simple scentence or two from one of the bots would do.  If these are the original bots, that is...

-What's with the extra Bots?: Season 11 had a running gag involving numerous Toms and Crows running around the Satellite, sometimes trading places in the theater.  What is up with this?  Just how many of each bot are there?  Are any of them the originals?

And finally...

-Who is Kinga's Mother?: I know, this is a weird one, but in an interview before the show hit Netflix, Felicia Day admitted that she had been told who her mother was, and had been swarn to secrecy. I wonder who it could be!

That's all I can think of at the moment, folks.  Anyone got any other mysteries they want to see solved?
well to be fair, it is implied that crow accidently destroyed the original servo when he had the servo clones go into sheep mode. But it didn't affect classic arm servo so yeah.