Author Topic: WE'VE GOT SEASON 12 SIGN!!!!!!!!  (Read 1245 times)

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WE'VE GOT SEASON 12 SIGN!!!!!!!!
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 11:50:17 PM »
Ah, yes, the days when movies could be, at the very least, highly visually disturbing and still be rated the same as any given Disney movie festuring talking animals, musical numbers, and about as much wholesomeness as could possibly be shoved into a single story.

"Beneath the Planet of the Apes" is rated G.  Let THAT one sink in.  Scarred me for life as a child.  I love it now, but... still.  Not for kids.

I imagine Joel and Co. will keep disturbing imagery to a minimum.  The Incredible Melting Man is about as gross or graphic as they got on the show, even though they edited the heck out of the version they riffed.  I wouldn't expect anything too unsettling.

A guy in a gorilla suit flipping off the camera, however, may be a different story.  I'll be interested to see how they handle it, if the film is riffed at all...

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 07:40:08 AM »
i'd love them to riff mac and me.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2018, 12:56:10 AM »
Last Halloween I purchased a bundle of six Blu-rays direct from Kino Lorber's website, including a 1956 horror movie called The Black Sleep.  It's a story of brain transplants, mad scientists, zombies and mutants staring Bela Lugosi, Lon Chaney Jr., John Caradine, Basil Rathbone... and Tor Johnson.

Tell me... does this not sound like the PERFECT movie for Mystery Science Theater 3000?!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2018, 08:33:58 AM »
Alienators, Exterminator 2, Robot Jox, Eye of the Tiger, and Beyond the Time Barrier.  Those are all owned by Shoutfactory and all prime for MST3k. 

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2018, 11:50:08 PM »
There's a Weekend Discussion Thread going on over at Satellite News right now about obscure TV shows that would make good riffing material, and I'll mention one thing here that I mentioned over there: the 1980's Johnny Sokko and his Flying Robot compilation movie Voyage into Space

The original series was, of course, a 1967 Japanese teleseries in the same vein as similarly dubbed Japanese superhero shows from the mid 60’s that also became hits in America, such as Ultraman and The Space Giants.  Like so many other Japanese tokusatsu (special effects) productions being made at that time (MST3K favorites Mighty Jack and Gamera vs Gyaos came out that same year), Johnny Sokko is filled with delightful goofiness, and the dub would make it an easy MST3K target. The Unicorn Chief, in particular, is given dialogue filled with “more gaps than a Pinter play”. The wild alien villains would also surely inspire some great material, especially the peg legged, striped shirted, buck toothed guy who looks like he walked out of an offensive WWII propaganda poster.

Anyway, in the 1980’s, a handful of episodes (including the pilot) were edited together, Master Ninja/Rocky Jones/Riding with Death style, into a TV movie called Voyage into Space. And, even though the movie wasn’t included, guess who put out the Johnny Sokko Complete Series DVD set a few years ago…

Shout! Factory.

As much as I love the show, it'd be fun seeing on MST3K, and it would certainly give them a lot to work with!

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2018, 10:39:51 AM »
UPDATE:

I haven't been able to verify this as I haven't listened to the episode, but apparently on the latest episode of The Nerdist, Jonah confirmed that the movies for Season 12 have been selected, and the writing process has begun! 

I wonder what movies were picked, and how many?

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2018, 11:34:22 AM »
I hope to god one of them was A*P*E
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

Danzilla93

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2018, 10:14:10 AM »
^Yeah, me too.  That's at the top of my list.

It's been mentioned before, but I think the two Lou Ferrigno Hercules movies (directed by Luigi Cozzi, the brilliant mind behind Starcrash) are likely candidates.  They are wild and fascinating films, fun and full of wonder.  They are also completely OUT THERE.  They'd be perfect for the show.

Also, a couple of nights ago I stumbled across a Lou Ferrigno movie on Comet TV that I thought, for a brief moment, was one of the Hercules films.  Turns out it was another dubbed Italian Ferrigno vehicle called The Magnificent Seven Gladiators.  I'll let you guess what the story is about.  But yeah, that one would be perfect, too!  Swords, meaty men in skirts, hilarious dubbing... the jokes were practically writing themselves.  It's a fun movie on its own, but would fit right in on the Satellite of Love.