Author Topic: Easy way to get Snack dispenser or look-alike?  (Read 233 times)

Sgt Nate V

• View Profile
    • Email
Easy way to get Snack dispenser or look-alike?
« on: July 03, 2018, 02:45:41 PM »
Now, I plan on building some sort of "Mini-Servo" at some point in the future (I already have a small barrel of monkeys as the body) and I would like to know a good and easy way to get the Snack dispenser or a good-quality knock-off, as the snack dispenser itself has been discontinued early this year.

Any help?

EDIT: I found a good one of these here. Unfortunately, they only come in cases, it seems.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 03:50:01 PM by Sgt Nate V »

DaZero

• View Profile
Re: Easy way to get Snack dispenser or look-alike?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2018, 11:22:50 PM »
If their website is updated then this place still has them : http://www.antiquegumball.com/

They're $29.95. Its been awhile since I've checked, but that seems a bit high LOL Comes in white, blue, and yes red, for what its worth.

EDIT: If you want to do a mini Tom than the dollar stores used to have one that was 3/4ish the size, my brother made me a pretty amazing almost accurate Tom with one. Maybe those $1 stores still have them at $1, a few minutes on google got me either this:

https://www.dollardays.com/i1944204-wholesale-gumball-machine.html?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvezZBRDkARIsADKQyPnKBpPEVSnbzE7s_fhvUdYKYo5g6wIzOMjdYgdxcHzeXko1NjEvrkIaAkYKEALw_wcB

A set of 6 for $22.32 for a case order, or one for $9.49 here:  https://www.amazon.com/Bubble-Machine-Coin-less-Gumballs-Cheese/dp/B00PZHO3H4
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 11:39:36 PM by DaZero »

Sgt Nate V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2018, 08:40:02 AM »
That last one seems good, but I'm kind of worried considering most of the reviews are one-star and proclaiming that it's cheap and cracks easily.

DaZero

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2018, 09:43:17 AM »
Sadly they're probably both the same thing, same brand I think, Greenbrier is a dollar store brand, which made them great fodder for psuedo-Tom's at $1, but since they're not in physical stores right now at that price, they lost 1 of their 2 advantages, so #2 only matters if you specifically want one that is smaller than the real deal for a smaller Tom.

If proportions don't matter, or if you think a smaller Tom with a bigger head would look cute I'd go with a actual Executive machine. 

If you just need a new base sans globes there's a bunch of machines on Amazon, ones that match the orinigal but have sports themed globes, or a smiley face molded into the globe. There's a few round ones that match the dollar store brand, since those bases had ridges instead of a slope like Tom's actual machine, but those ones are metallic painted and in the $20-$30 range, as much as the real deal, but with the bad reviews matching the dollar store brand.

If you don't have a spare globe for a base however, you would either need to get lucky for a replacement, or by the time you sourced a equal size acrylic globe AND figured out the top, at that point you're better off  just paying the same aound (or less) for Tom's real brand.

Sadly, while I was hoping to find another answer for both of us looking this up, but unless another brand comes along, the best options are over-priced orinigals, or future 3d printing and globe outsourcing when they iroinically become the cheaper option by virtue of not changing price.

Sgt Nate V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2018, 07:13:15 PM »
Just ordered the small head. Will get all the other parts I need soon.

Sgt Nate V

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 02:08:03 PM »
So it came today. And guess what?

I was sent the wrong kind! I got duped!

I'm returning this ASAP.

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2018, 01:11:00 PM »
That reminds me of the time i ordered a freddy fazbear plush on ebay, and got a bootleg. It was returned in favor for ordering it from sanshee. I Like the fnaf lore but not the fandom ok. Also this was about 2 years ago, either before or after we got po-po.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!