Author Topic: Floralier “Netting”  (Read 1003 times)

Aaron N.

• View Profile
    • Email
Floralier “Netting”
« on: September 28, 2018, 01:15:57 AM »
So, are there any photos that show the plastic netting on the floraliers having been removed?

The black paint always seems to flake off of the nets so it’d make sense to cut them out...

Dr.cgad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Floralier “Netting”
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 08:48:46 AM »
You cut the grid out, but keep the rings.
Try not to get sucked into the vortex of hell Billy!

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 09:06:33 AM »
I can take a picture this weekend and get it posted up for you. 

Aaron N.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 01:42:38 PM »
Thanks for the replies, folks.

But, to clarify— Are there any screen-grabs or behind-the-scenes photos that show screen-used Crows without the netting?

fastbilly1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 01:44:50 PM »
I do not know of any offhand, sorry.

Aaron N.

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2018, 11:00:51 PM »
Same here. I’m pouring over photos and old episodes but I haven’t been able to confirm whether or not the netting is gone on the screen-used Crows.

I know several well-respected Crow construction tutorials say to get rid of the netting... I’m just not sold on the idea, yet.

I’m reminded of a joke from grad school. My Organizational Theory professor said, “Whenever my wife would make pot roast, she would cut the ends off before putting it in the pan. I asked her why and she said her mother had done it. I then asked my wife’s mother why she cut the ends off the pot roast and she said her mother had done it. So, finally, I asked my wife’s grandmother why she cut the ends off her pot roast and she said, when she was first married, her good cooking pan was small so she had to cut the ends off to make the roast fit.” 

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2018, 09:22:05 PM »
It all depends... some Crows on the series had them... some didn't.  I wouldn't say that doing it one way is absolutely correct over the other.

treadwell

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 03:21:07 AM »
Sometimes in the show he's tilted in such a way you can see in there, and I've never spotted netting when that happens.

Oldeworldsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2019, 11:03:44 AM »
I've finally found the images I needed to contribute to this topic. It looks like Netflix (current) Crow does indeed still feature the netting!

Here's a photo from @ekuska's Instagram where, if we zoom in close, we can easily see that the screen-used Crow puppet still maintains his netting:

And in the second we have a puppeteer's-eye-view from Grant Baciocco's Instagram stories taken during the 2018 Live Tour.

To me the most interesting observation is seeing that the interior of the Floraliers are now being left unpainted! Neither black nor lime gold.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2019, 04:14:43 PM by Oldeworldsmith »