Author Topic: The Creeping Error Desktop program  (Read 3159 times)

cybergregg

• View Profile
The Creeping Error Desktop program
« on: April 27, 2011, 05:07:39 AM »
Wow, I'm seeing some other "onelist" members here - awesome!
Does anybody here have a copy of "The Creeping Error Desktop program"? All the links to it out there are to the defunct page that Devin offered it from. Back in the day I never got to really enjoy it because it's a real memory hog and my PC was pathetically underpowered, now a few years later, my current pathetically underpowered PC is amazing by comparison and should run it just fine.
Unfortunately, I can't find my copy, I'm hoping another old guy has it lying around somewhere....
BTW - it's freeware and OK to give away

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: The Creeping Error Desktop program
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 08:25:22 AM »
I've never heard of this.  What is it exactly?

cybergregg

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 10:21:19 PM »
it was a program that put an animated shadow-rama sillhouette at the bottom of your desktop, the guys would randomly riff either with speech balloons or actual .wavs depending how you set the options. It always ran in the background and unless you had a speedy processor and lots of memory it would slow your system down enough to take all the fun out of it. Back then speedy was faster than 500 mhz, so today's hardware should run it fine.
I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to code from scratch, but I'm getting old and still have a Gypsy to finish...

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 02:09:16 PM »
I spent over an hour last night looking for The Creeping Error and the old Stack O' Love hypercard stack... couldn't find either :(