Author Topic: Does Gypsy have a "real" body?  (Read 2711 times)

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
Does Gypsy have a "real" body?
« on: January 04, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
I know that as a general rule Gypsy is thought to have a head and a "snake-like" hose body of undetermined length.  Is it possible that she has a body that she could attach too ala the Borg Queen?  I kind of have this idea of an MST3K/Doctor Who K-9 Hybrid which would act as Gypsy's mobile housing.  Any thoughts?  I love the bots and I admit it would be way easier to just finish Gypsy and put her behind my chair, but I just can't help be think how amazing a remote control Gypsy would be.  Especially if I could install one of those cameras like in the helmets of football players so I could see what she was "seeing."  Any thoughts?
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
Re: Does Gypsy have a "real" body?
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:38:55 PM »
The story goes that Gypsy was originally created to control the SOL's higher functions so that Joel and the bots could "galavant around." 

In episode 207 (Wild Rebels), Gypsy seems distressed and Joel take some of the load off by having Tom and Crow take over running the ship... amazingly her voice goes from her normal slur to a femmy Jim Malon ;)

Later in the show (episode 601 "Girls Town"), she's connected to Deep 13 via the umbilicus so that the Mads and Mike and bots can send objects back and forth...  it connects to the SOL via Gypsy's body.

At once point in the show, Gypsy even crafts herself a leg to do a little karate kick action.

In the final episode, it's shown that since the SOL crashed, Gypsy was able to use her giant intelligence to start her own multi-million dollar company.

Past those things, no "real body" that I am aware of... but it's fun to speculate.

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 06:56:31 PM »
I always wondered how the umbilicus worked. Was the SOL tethered to Earth? My whole speculation on Gypsy's body was due to thinking about the last episode. I mean, I remembered ConGypsco, but I wondered if she was tethered to her building like on the SOL or had she converted to a form of mobil transport? Again fun to speculate. I like to think she's just an infinate stretch of hose, lol.
All hail Squidra!  Cut off one tentacle and two will grow back in its place and play the clarinet!

Ron

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Bot Builder's Info
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 09:36:09 PM »
Gypsy (via the umbilicus) was tethered to Deep 13.  Geosynchronous orbit is something like 35,768 kilometers... so her tube is at least that long before the end of Season 7.

myersfarms

• View Profile
    • Myers' Farms
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 11:07:43 AM »
Ah...an infinate stretch of hose she is, then.  Now I can just put her behind my chair and relax.  8)